Monday 28 March 2016

DESTINY: AN INEVITABLE VIRUS

How shall we succeed? How shall we make it in life? How can we escape the writhing unexpected outcome of our effort?

Life, a very funny program that works hand-in-hand with fate. Many times, I am left to wonder who the architect is. When life and fate combine, we have destiny- a synergy and a program that acts like a virus, corrupting every plan and dishing out new and surprising outcome.

Destiny, a program that works like an electricity- your ignorance or literary prowess doesn't matter, you get burnt by it. You don't even have to believe in a higher power. What I heard is that you can't escape it.

Sometimes, when I think about life and how it all turned out to be for me, or for some other people, I hiss. I don't marvel or get surprised. I have learnt to understand that that virus will always manifest, no matter how hard, how well or how beautiful you have written your program codes. By the time you want to run it, the virus always comes in. I want to believe that no matter how you plan, you can't outwit destiny.

Look at it this way- many times, people look at others and within seconds, they could write them off, tell them on or even forecast their future.

Watching some kids in my poor neighborhood, I loved to guess who has a future and who doesn't. But yet, experience and observations made me understand that a surprise, like a twist in every good movie, is always around the corner.

"Oh, he's just farm boy, an  illiterate with a slim chance of a stable future," we say.

But then,

"Who would have thought this boy could make it? He was just farm boy, tending to cow and pigs when I knew him." We may be prepared to say in the nearest future.

There's no need to try and act like a saint and say we never look down on people cos we did- maybe once. And most of us who have decided to stop this already know better than to try and foresee what was not.

This virus is real: forget what you think you know.

I am not in any way suggesting that you stop trying, but don't take it too hard on yourself if it doesn't work out as you've planned it. And I am not asking you to give up if it doesn't work as planned, I am only asking you to retry and maybe it was programmed to work the second time, the third, fourth...or maybe not.

Life + fate = destiny.

And destiny is the virus that corrupts every plan or assist it...

But keep on trying, maybe when you press enter to run the code you have written, you will escape this virus and your program will be a success. And if doesn't, pls retry- because in rewriting this code, in retrying, we are bound to succeed. Maybe not.

0 comments:

 
/div>