Thursday 3 March 2016

CHAPTER 15: BLOOD ON THE ALTAR

Chapter 15


Brother Ade showed off his skill on the piano as he closed his eyes and played a very fast melodious tune. Hannah watched in admiration, but nothing else. She has no feeling whatsoever for him and she wondered what the rumour was all about. James, her boyfriend has been more than sufficient for her. He has proven to be a perfect gentleman, agreeing to the no-sex rule between them. When he approached her, she liked him instantly but told him it can’t work out. After much persuasion about why she said they wouldn’t work out, she had told him she doesn’t want any sexual intercourse until after she was married and she wasn’t sure James would comply.

That day, James had laughed hysterically, and she felt stupid. After he was satisfied with laughing at her, he surprised her in a way she hadn’t expected because why he was laughing, she had thought he would tell her she sounded stupid to think she could hold off sex till when she was married. She was already accustomed with such conclusion, and guys have seen her as an idiot living in fool’s paradise. But James had laughed about how she thought he couldn’t do it, and how he was ready to disappoint her by agreeing to the deal. She gave him a trial, and not for once has he failed.

They have slept together in the same room, countless of times, and for the years they have been together, he has never asked for sex. People have said it is impossible for a man to do that without having a way out like having sex behind her back, but she had waved them down. So far, no evidence has been brought against her God-sent, James.

“So, you are here to say goodbye, right?” Brother Ade asked Hannah.

“You asked me to come, even if it’s for the last time,” She replied him. “People are taking our closeness wrongly. What happened two weeks ago was too much for me. I can’t wait for Deacon Abigail to come back next week so I can wash myself clean.” Hannah said, standing up from her seat to lean against the big piano.

“I’ve told you to stop leaning against the piano,” the Coordinator said. He half-stood and pushed her away. “You have to treat it like a baby. Imagine this box, containing every voice you could ever wish for in the universe,” he said, running his hands over its streamlined body.

“I’m sorry,” Hannah said playfully.

“Never mind,” the Coordinator said. “I just hope this will pass and I will be called back. But it appears Blessing has poisoned the Pastor’s mind against me. He used to listen to me, but the way he was interjecting and interposing me that Sunday was something else. That lady is a devil.”

“Well, that devil has helped me once. I mean, she helped my friend.”

“Seriously? What happened that you had to seek her help?” The Coordinator got more interested.

“That was the interesting part, we really didn’t seek her help; she sought us out and helped us even without us asking for it. It was a long story; just like she helped me out again at the Pastor’s place by asking for a virginity test to be conducted.”

“That was a miracle. So, you want to talk about it? I mean the previous help she rendered.”

Hannah chuckled, “never! It is something I can’t even talk about. If I do, it will affect my friend, and I don’t want to do that.”

“Or you are simply protecting yourself,” the Coordinator tried to put words in her mouth. “You should be scared. Blessing may spill the beans anytime she doesn’t feel like…”

“Oh, I doubt that. If she wanted to do that, she would have. This is an incident that happened many years ago, and surprisingly, none of the party involved has said a word.”

“Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you,” the Coordinator said and went back to playing his piano.

“Thanks anyways,” Hannah said.

After a moment of total silence, except the melodious sound played by the Coordinator. She broke the silence that was becoming scary,

“Sir, you said you wanted to see me, it’s almost 8:00 pm and…”

“I know,” he said but didn’t stop playing. “I just want to get these notes properly.”

“You’ve been on this since 5:30 pm when the school closed, and all of your students have since but gone.”

Hannah became worried. She really needed to leave before the Coordinator start trying to get her into bed. He has started this since he had taken an interest in her vocal development, and she has always refused his advances. Now, it is getting worse. Some weeks ago, she finished around 9:00 pm instead of the normal 7:00 pm. Last week, she finished at 9:55 pm. Now, the time is already past eight, people are now talking, and she doesn’t seem to like it, especially when she was not even thinking of what she was been accused of, talk less of doing it. The Coordinator stopped playing after a while and smiled at Hannah; she felt uneasy and looked away. The time is going again, and she knew he is deliberately stalling.

“I know you are not a virgin,” the Coordinator said without a flinch.

“What?” Hannah asked, not sure she heard well.

“You heard me,” Brother Ade answered evasively, standing up from his stool, closing his piano.

“Excuse me… Ss …Sir,” Hannah Stammered, “wh …what do you mean?” She asked.

“Listen, I don’t know why you are doing this, but I am serious about you.”

“Jesus Christ!” Hannah shouted. “So, are we talking about a closed case? I have told you my mind about this issue and you just won’t let this go?”

“How can I?” The Coordinator said, trying to hold her, but she avoided his touch. “The Lord showed me you will be my wife. Over and over I have asked God to erase this and find me another person but…”

“…but what about your fiancée?” She shouted in horror.

She hated where the conversation was going and she was scared in anticipating the end. She was the only one in the class and it was already dark. The sound of the generator was enough to drown her wailings if she decided to shout. Nevertheless, she promised to try if it gets to that.

“What about her?” The Coordinator asked. “I told you God said it wasn’t supposed to be. I am serious about this.”

“Please, please, I want to go home,” she begged and started walking backwards, slowly, getting ready to cry because the Coordinator kept walking towards her. She could see his bulge as his todger struggled to break free from his trousers.

“Please, don’t do this to me, I beg you in the name of God.” She cried.

“What are you saying, Hannah?  You…you think I am going to rape you, right?”

“Me? When did I say that?” She queried. “I only said you should let me go home, please.”

“It’s late already, can’t you see that?” The Coordinator said.

“Yes, yes,” she said hurriedly, “but I can sleep in my friend’s place. It’s not far from here. Let me call him,” she said frantically and took out her phone. She held it firmly in one hand and tried to operate it with the other hand. She was so much in a hurry that she kept pressing the wrong key. Her hands were shaking. Suddenly, a hand snatched the phone from her.

“You want to call the police?” The Coordinator asked, checking the phone.

“Police? No, I wasn’t trying to do that. Please check it,” she held her phone to his face, “I was trying to call my friend to come and pick me. I swear to God!” She explained with a shaky voice. Her eyes could not leave the Coordinator’s trouser; the zip area was going up and down.

“Who’s your friend?” He asked, after getting satisfied she wasn’t trying to call the police.

“A friend,” she replied. The Coordinator gave hard a hardened glance and she started explaining which friend it was. “His name is James. He is my friend, I swear. We’ve known each other for years,” She explained with a voice that clearly gave away her fear.

“Wow,” he smiled. “So, you have been sleeping in a guy’s house for years?” He stressed the last word with an ulterior smile.

“No. I mean, yes, but we never did anything I swear to God!”

“How will I know that?”

“Please, let me call him and…”

“You think I’m a fool?” The Coordinator interjected. “I know you are no damn virgin, but if you give me the chance, I can help you. I can talk to Deacon Abigail.”

“What?” Hannah was shocked. “Listen, Sir, whatever you say. The Deacon will arrive in a week’s time, and then the truth will come out.”

“We all know the Deacon is a close friend to your family, she would definitely help you out.”

“Please, I want to go home,” Hannah said, walking further, backwards.

“Of course you must go now, to James’s place, right? I can’t even believe my future wife sleeps around,” he scoffed.

“I am not your wife!” Hannah shouted at him, sobbing.

“How will you know that? You didn’t even pray about it since I have been telling you.”

“I don’t have to,” she cried. “I am not interested,” she breathed heavily between her sobs.

“Of course you don’t have to. Did you pray about James?”

“I don’t have to either. I love him, please.”

“But I love you too. Don’t you get it? I have prayed about it and it was revealed that you are my wife.”

“But…” Hannah struggled for words, “what about Aunty Chinwe, your girlfriend?”

“I told you, Chinwe was a mistake. I didn’t even pray about it,” he explained.

“Jesus…I can’t believe this! You…you guys have been together for years and…”

“I told you,” he said calmly, “it was a mistake.”

“But she is still with you, right?”

“I am going to ask her to leave as soon as you agree to….”

“What about Ngozi?” Hannah asked again, suddenly getting confident.

“What about her?”

“She said you told her the same thing that God said she was your wife.”

“What? Did…did you tell Ngozi that I also told you that?”

Hannah nodded with an anticipated frown. The Coordinator looked at her with stern eyes,

“I thought you were matured enough…”

“I’m sorry,” Hannah said,” knowing that must have hurt the psychopath.

Things mustn’t get out of hand. This will be the worst moment of her life if things go wrong because if this psychopath decided to rape her, then everything might be over for her. She imagined how hard the psychological battle will be if she lost her virginity to rape. Her virginity must stay; she reiterated the fact to herself. “How will I even explain to James?” She thought to herself.

“Well, Ngozi was also a mistake. I thought I saw her, but the vision wasn’t clear, so I let it go.”

“What about Kike, my friend?” She asked again. “I know you guys meet and have sex until she left after she gained an admission into….”

“Enough!” The Coordinator shouted at her. “We all know that your friend, Kike, same as you, is nothing but a nympho. And she was a devil who seduced me until I fell in her arms. I have since asked for forgiveness and the good Lord has forgiven me. Now, you stand there to judge me?”

“I’m sorry. I was only…”

“I think I’ve heard enough, Hannah. I did not expect you to agree without a bit of cohesion.”

“Please, I will pray about it, I swear,” she quickly said, just so he could to let her go. “I will start fasting tomorrow and…”

“Nah,” he stopped her with a wave of his hand. “You see, the bible even said it in the books of Matthew, chapter 11, verse 12; it says that even the kingdom of God suffers violence and only the violent take it by force.”

Hannah screamed and rushed towards the door; the Coordinator followed in hot pursue. She went straight for the door knob and tried to force it open by pushing, but the door refused to open even though it wasn’t locked.  Out of her fear and inability to think on her feet, she was pushing to open instead of pulling. She screamed and tried frantically until Brother Ade caught up with her. Hannah fell on her knees and started begging, but Brother Ade was not ready to listen; his todger was already dancing to the excitement in advance.

“You said James has never touched you, then, let us find out.” He said as he flung his shirt aside, and grabbed Hannah by her arms.

She struggled and screamed, but the noise from the generator subdued her screams perfectly. Brother Ade dragged her as she kicked and begged, but he wouldn’t listen.

“You are my wife, and I must take you by force as the bible said.” He dropped her beside the piano. “Your moans shall add sweet voices to my piano,” he laughed hysterically- that evil type of laughter. Hannah cried and begged, but he was already unbuckling his belt.

“This will make no difference, Hannah. Stop fooling yourself, you have done this before.”

“Please,” Hannah cried, “I don’t want to go down this way. I am still a virgin, I swear.”

“Good for you then,” he replied, tossing the belt aside and fiddling with his trouser’. “Let us find out,” he said and removed his singlet.

“You know, I know my bible very well,” he continued. “In the book of Deuteronomy, chapter 22, verse 28 and 29, it says, if a man finds a young woman who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they found out, then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman’s father, fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her…”

“This is madness, this is but a sin,” Hannah kicked, but it only excite the Psychopath.

The Coordinator pulled down his trouser and was left only with his boxers. His todger was beyond redemption, the evil snake was already raring his head.

“You see,” he said, “I commit no sin here. The only sin will come if I refused to pay your bride price. At least, that is what my bible says.”

He went down and held her hands to the floor after a little struggle, he was beaming in gladness. Hannah cried aloud but no avail, she kicked, but the Coordinator already settled himself between her legs. He pinned her small hands to the floor with his large hand and slid the other underneath her skirt. Hannah twisted as his fingers pulled her G-string aside, parted the pubic hair and moved slowly into her. She screamed in pain and the Coordinator pulled his fingers out and was clearly surprised.

“Wow,” he said, realizing that she was truly a virgin.

“Please, please, let me go. I swear I will not tell a single soul,” Hannah tried her luck, but the psychopath insisted.

“You see, the only way to keep you shut is to actually do this. If I don’t…”

“No, no, no, no, no,” she said in a very fast manner, “look at me, look at me, I swear, I won’t tell a single soul,” she shook her head frantically.

Brother Ade relaxed though his todger didn’t. His big hand still held her tiny hands down to the floor; he tried to mull over her statement. Hannah kept muttering to herself, praying to God to touch his heart. She closed her eyes, whispering prayers to her God.

“No,” the Coordinator concluded his consultation with his evil self.

Hannah gasped as she opened her eyes. She started crying. The Coordinator forcefully pulled her skirt upwards to her stomach, and her small framed waist revealed her beauty in her red G-string. With the other hand, he struggled to pull out his todger which seems to have gotten stuck in his boxers. It was fearful, even Hannah could tell its hugeness from the bulge. She stopped struggling and closed her eyes. She was crying like a helpless baby. The Coordinator was drooling, licking his lips as he struggled with his boxers.

Suddenly, the center light came on, and the whole classroom was lit up. The Coordinator, together with Hannah scampered to their feet. Chinwe, the Coordinator’s fiancé stood transfixed with her hand still on the wall switch. Hannah was glad. She quickly ran towards the main entrance, pulling down her skirt as she did so.

Chinwe watched in a catatonic state as Hannah rushed outside without a word. She returned her gaze to her fiancée who was struggling to put on his trouser.

“This is bad, this is bad,” he muttered to himself as he went for his singlet.

Like a flash, Hannah ran back inside the classroom, the same way she had dashed out; she went straight for her phone on the desk and dashed back into the darkness, outside.

Chinwe followed her with her eyes, she was still petrified, her hand still on the switch. She took her gaze right again to the Coordinator who held his singlet in his hands, using it to cover his bulge. They stared at each other for a while before the Coordinator gathered the courage to speak.

“Chinwe, I swear, this is the devil’s handiwork. That…that bitch must have bewitched me, I…”

The room suddenly becomes dim again. Chinwe had switched off the center light. There was a creaking sound of the door, and before the Coordinator’s eyes could adjust to the darkness, the door slammed shut- Chinwe was gone!

The Coordinator started to rush after her, shouting her name. He rushed towards the door and was trying to avoid the desks that were out of position due to his struggle while dragging Hannah. As he was nearer to the door, the generator went off, and there was total darkness!!!!



End of Chapter 15


*pls note, chapter 16 will take a while. Like a week or more. If you wish to be notified as it drops, please subscribe by entering your email at the top right corner, otherwise, check back at your own convinent time*

Thank you for reading.

0 comments:

 
/div>