Sunday 28 June 2015

HOPING FOR FREEDOM

A hope for freedom


Nothing but evil surrounding my thoughts
Fog of sadness visiting my gladness
Wishes of riches destroying my conscience
So why I wonder, will I ever be free?


Free from these thoughts of unsecured future
Free from the wonders of unfruitful efforts
Free from my struggles and unyielding upshots
So I wonder, should I even be free?


Since the dreams of my childhood laid buried in the ground
And the joy of adulthood is nowhere to be found
Since the chips only learned to be down
Now, I know, I must never be free


Cloud of darkness must envelope my soul
Thoughts of evil must frequent my mind
Corruption and crimes eat away my conscience
If only I want, and wish to be free


Free from poverty and financial wreckage
Free from the sins I suffered but never committed
Free from disappointments and frequent headaches
Yes, I know, I must never be free


But I wish to free, I will work to be free
Corruption and crimes must not take control
The light and darkness both fight for my soul
But I must stay in the light; I must want to be free



*as a Nigerian, in a country that is trying to heal herself from the corruptions that have eaten deep into her morals, I struggle every day not to indulge in the regular practice. As a graduate, I have no stable job, I only see the temptation of following the crowd to make myself free from financial fetters. I thought of engaging in many wrong practices just to be free, but I must fight with my soul and wrestle down every thought of corruption. Even though people has almost believed that you cannot be okay without indulging in those, but that is not the freedom that I craved, I must never be corrupt if I truly wanted to be free. so, I hope on hope, that one day, I will truly be free.

picture from 123RF

0 comments:

 
/div>