Friday 3 July 2015

BOOMERANG: the story of a foolish man

I managed to fool everyone but myself when I said I wanted to travel to another State just to see my girlfriend. Because it wasn’t just another State, I will have to go through four states just to get to her State of residence, people believed I was committed to the relationship. I wasn’t, at least, not anymore.

Just two months ago, Sade and I nearly parted due to a slight argument, but people managed to intercede, and they thought they have averted what they thought was a disaster. But they haven’t, not when my mind was off the relationship already.

After I have convinced myself that she has been keeping another man, just like I have also been involved with Liza, another lady from the State where I resided, I decided to visit Sade with the guise that I was coming to settle our rift, when in truth, I only wanted to gather evidence against her; evidence that will be indisputable.

So, after spending the night with Liza, I set out on the journey to Sade’s place. On my way, I bought an Android phone as a gift and installed a call-recording spy app on the phone. I am sure she will make a call to the mystery guy within the seven days I have planned to spend. There is no need for the spy app because I already knew she has been planning a break-up since the time she suddenly called and informed me that whenever I visit, there won’t be any sexual intercourse as usual! But the people who have chosen to stand up in her defense must know the truth, hence, the reason for the spy app.

On the first night, while she was asleep, I checked the apps and listened to her calls- there was nothing much, same as the second day. On the third day, she received a call that wanted her to come over immediately. I was sure it was the guy, the mystery man. I was happy. That night, I refused to check the spy app: I thought it would be better to let her sins accumulate. The next day, she called from the office and said she will be coming home late from work; I gladly sanctioned it with a smile at my end. She didn’t arrive until 8:00 pm. I gave her a warm reception and patted her to a deep sleep after dinner.

In the middle of the night, I opened the app and listened, but I was disappointed. She has been attending prayer sessions just to pray for our relationship. In one of the calls, I heard the Pastor warn her not to compromise her stand of no-sex until her prayers of 90 days were completed. To make it more shameful, she was praying for me. I have no job since I was done with the youth service. In another call was how she was telling a guy who was begging her for a date that she will never cheat on me despite my poor State. She was defending me like a mother would her child, and reminding them of how things will soon be okay for us. I was no doubt ashamed of myself.

The next day was a Saturday. I took some money and told her I wanted to get some bread. But the truth was, I went straight to the shopping mall and bought some things for her. I wanted to make it a surprise, she deserved it. I was ashamed of my evil thoughts towards her, and I realized I have been an idiot. I went to the store and got her the best my money could afford. But when I got back home to her, the story changed.

She has gone through my phone and had all the evidence about my affairs with Liza, the other girl. The stupid girl sent me sexts and naked pictures of herself and how she has missed me and to remember my promise of jilting Sade and marrying her. I met her in tears, with a friend of hers consoling her. Not to waste time, she ended it right there. After the futile attempts to ask for forgiveness failed, I set out back to Liza. Liza wasn’t a bad girl anyway, and settling with her instead of Sade wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I got to Liza’s place late into the night, around 11:00 pm, since Sade insisted I must leave that day. I knocked and the opening revealed a surprised Liza in her transparent nightgown. I knew she was surprised because of the time, so I simply pushed her inside and went in. I nearly fainted when I saw a snoring fat male sleeping naked on the bed. I looked at Liza with my mouth gaped, but she covered her own mouth and sank into her knees, pleading.


The next day, without much ado, I woke up right on the hospital bed!


*picture from www.lipstickalley.com

0 comments:

 
/div>