Tuesday 4 October 2016

CHAPTER 4: WHO AM I?

Chapter 4




The second day after Harry’s visit, the victim’s wife came and said she had dropped charges all against me. I couldn’t believe myself. Within minutes, Dave ensured the paperwork was done. I was free. Dave didn’t waste time, he grabbed my hand and let me to his car. As he inserted the key to turn on the engine, another car pulled behind us- it was a Bentley. Harry came out of the Bentley it with a smile. Harry, 45 years and one of the richest man in town.

‘Fuck it!’ Dave gnashed his teeth. ‘Mother… fucker! I thought I asked him to come by ten.’

‘It’s past ten, Dave.’ I said.

‘Shut the fuck up!’ Dave snorted angrily.

‘I will take it from here Dave.’ Harry said as he leaned over the window.

‘Sure.’ Dave smiled. ‘I was bringing her over to your place anyways.’ He lied. I know he was already thinking of fuckin me.

Harry held me by the arm and pulled me, gently, towards his car.

‘Why are you doing this?’ I asked Harry in whisper, scared. ‘Please.’ I pleaded.

‘Relax honey, you are safe now.’ Harry smiled as he guided me gently to the back seat. I must admit he still looked charming in my thoughts. ‘I secured your release, Kate, and it is only fair that I ensure that you look beautiful.’

‘Kate?’ I asked as I tried to get out of the car. ‘My name is not Kate! Let me out!’ I shouted.

Harry only smiled an adjusted his suit. He let me get out and ran to Dave.

‘You better tell her Dave. I will be right in my car. She’s got five minutes.’ Henry opened the door and slipped through.

‘What is going on, Dave?’ I asked, scared. ‘You promised to…’

‘Listen, I know what I promised. But you see, Harry over there ensured you are release and all charges dropped. He paid off the woman with a large sum to stop pressing charges and admit that it was a mistake. We never filed the evidence. Harry promised to get you a new identity, so that you can have a new life.’

I was happy and surprised. ‘Why didn’t you tell me this?’

‘Well, I thought we could have some nice time before he came.’ Dave said, like a guilty schoolboy. ‘I didn’t know he would be this early.

I sighed and hated him. All he ever wanted was sex. He would have denied me a life time opportunity to erase my crime record. As a Mexican, I had no chance of survival. I don’t need criminal records as voluminous as a dictionary before I was casted away. Like Pablo would say, nor being white is a deadly crime on its own!

‘But, what would Harry want from me? I cannot pay him back- I have no money.’ I asked as I made to go to the Bentley.

‘Are you kidding me? What do you think is gonna be the first thing every guy who sees you wants from you?’

‘Sex?’

‘Yeah! Just fuck him and get off it!’ He shouted angrily. ‘And don’t forget, after you are done with him, you still have a deal with me!’


End of 4

0 comments:

 
/div>