Sunday 21 February 2016

CHAPTER 8: BLOOD ON THE ALTAR

Chapter 8
Hannah met the Coordinator on her way to the Pastor’s office, he was moody. They didn’t really say much except him reminding Hannah not to forget her vocal lesson at his school by evening. She knocked on the door to Pastor Akin’s door, and the Pastor invited her in.
“How are you today, Sister Hannah?” The Pastor asked, beaming with smiles.
Hannah was relieved; at least to see someone in a cheerful mood today amounted to something for her.
“I am fine Sir,” she replied, returning the smile.
“Please, seat.” The Pastor ushered her to the seat with his hand.
“Thank you, Sir.”
“How has your vocal training been going with Brother Ade?” He asked, with a slight frown. The smiles are all gone now.
‘”Fi… fine... it has been fine, Sir.” She stammered, getting worried about smile that suddenly vanished.
“And, I understand that sometimes when the night came over you during your training session, you… em… you passed the night at…”
“God forbid, Sir!” Hannah was taken aback.
“It has never happened before Sir. Why should I do that?”
“Well, that is what we heard, and I…em…we were thinking…”
“Sir,” Hannah stood up, “Brother Ade has a fiancĂ©. How will I be sleeping over at his place? This is nothing but rumour, Sir.” Hannah was already shaking, eyes swollen with tears.
“Even the neighbours said they usually see someone with your kind of stature at the late, odd hours.”
“That would be his fiancĂ©, Sir. You have to believe me. I have never done such a thing. I swear to God.” She pleaded her innocence.
“Please, sit down, my daughter.” The Pastor urged her. “Please, relax and sit down.” He said again, after Hannah was reluctant to do so.
The Pastor was only trying to get words out of her, but it seems he overdid it. He started feeling guilty, seeing how profusely the poor girl was crying over the false allegation he had tried to cook up. “Wipe your tears my daughter. It is well.” He reassured the poor girl.
Hannah continued to whimper, and sniff like a drug addict. The Pastor waited for her to calm down before he continued.
“There is a rumour flying around and about to perch on the Church’s altar that you and the Coordinator were having sexual relations.”
“Ha!” She exclaimed. “That is not true Sir. I can never do that.” She shook her head frantically.
“I believe you, my daughter. And the reason why I called you over is to let you know that if ever the Coordinator made any foul move towards you, please, don’t hesitate to report him to me.” She nodded like a throbbing todger.
“This ministry, especially this Church, this branch, has been rocked with so many scandals.”
“I know, Sir.” She nodded again.
“Good. And I was posted her because of my integrity and past records to ensure that this Church comes back on her feet. I will never condone any form of sexual or evil scandal in this Church. If any of you has been indulging in sexual atrocities that could affect this Church again, I will use my anointing to curse such a person!” The Pastor finished with a hardened face, pointing to her. It was clear the Pastor didn’t believe her, and that made her cry more.
“Sir,” she managed to gather her wit, “I am really pained to be in this kind of situation. I know the family where I came from, I know the God that I serve. Why would I pick this moment to indulge in sexual atrocity when I have been able to abstain from sexual relation till now?” She wiped her extremely wet face with her handkerchief, blowing her nose loudly. The Pastor was touched and guilty at the same time.
“You mean you are a virgin?” The Pastor asked, not sure he heard right. Hannah nodded, wiping away her tears.
The Pastor sighed and rested his back on his chair. He was in a dilemma. Could it be that Blessing was just making things up so as to excuse herself from mentoring Hannah? He asked himself with no one to answer, and there would have been total silence if not for the sobbing of Hannah.
“Sister Hannah, wipe your tears and go home. I know how to handle this matter.”
“Thank you, Sir.” She said and knelt down, as a tribal sign of respect.
“Please, be on your feet and go home. All will be well.” He repeated and watched as Hannah slid away through the door of his office.
He sighed as soon as he was alone and shook his head slowly. “This branch has been one hell of a nut-job.” He said aloud and banged his fist on the table. Looking at the ceiling, he placed his palms together and prayed, “God, God, you need to help me now.”
He finished and started packing his files to be closed for the day.
                  *******************
Blessing got home and met Emeka lying naked on her bed; she was irritated but didn’t need to show it. To her, Emeka was just an errand boy, who has been helping her to reach her goal. He hasn’t finished his job yet, she still has one last job for him. If all it takes is for her to be his sex machine, she was ready to feed him with it till he gets constipated. All she wanted was for him to do the dirty jobs.
“Hi, baby.” Emeka smiled; his todger standing at attention. She really didn’t like it, but Sister Mary said that if she wanted to have sex with a man, she should just pretend the todger was a strap-on until the process was over. And so far, it has worked.
“Hey.” She said without looking up as she removed her shoes. She slid the strap of the handbag from her shoulders and allowed the bag to drop with a thud. She said on the bed and ruffled her hair.  Emeka dragged himself to her side and squeezed her a little by her waist. She knew he wanted sex. That’s all he ever wanted. But, that was the best time to refuse; especially when she needed to control him. She slapped his hand. Emeka tried again and she repeated the reaction.
“What happened?” Emeka asked, half-seated on his elbow. “Is something wrong?”
“You know it should be!” She snorted. “I don’t even know, but it seems…” she hissed and shook her head, leaving dusts of suspense in the air.
“Talk to me.” Emeka pressed. He sat with his back against the headboard. “Please.”
“Okay.” Blessing said after a big sigh, “I just hope after I told you, you will help me as you have promised.” She did her eyes like a purring kitten.
“Listen to me, Baby,” Emeka said, “I told you I will do anything for you, right?” He asked, and Blessing nodded.
“Good.” He continued, “And have I ever disappointed on that?” He asked again, and Blessing shook her head, eyes like a doll.
“Well… I … I thought since you have,” she shrugged, “since you have already taken what you wanted, I wouldn’t be carrying so much weight again.” She finished her mind game, but Emeka only starred. So, she continued, “You know, guy’s thing. Before you allow them between your legs, they’re like they’re gonna do this and that….but once they have their way, you become…”
“Blessing!” Emeka cut in, “please stop this, okay? I am not every guy?”
“I’m sorry.” She smiled softly and pushed herself into Emeka’s arm; placing her head on his chest.
“It’s okay.” Emeka said, stroking her hair. “So, are you going to talk now?”
“Yes,” she said softly. She slid her hand downwards and grabbed his todger. She bit her lower lip and looked seductively at him. Emeka went crazy. At that point, she knew she had him again.
“Emeka, the idiot, will do anything now!”  She said and smiled within herself, and Sister Mary also smiled from inside the wardrobe.

0 comments:

 
/div>