Friday 26 February 2016

CHAPTER 11. BLOOD ON THE ALTAR

*BLOOD ON THE ALTAR ©2015, 2016, Wale-Joseph Oludare (KINGwax oluwadamilare)

No part of this novel may be reproduced in any form. Any play/movie adaptation without the notice of the author (KINGwax oluwadamilare) is an intellectual theft- and will be dealth with under the infringement of copyright laws if Nigeria.

Thank you.



Chapter 11


James opened the door to his room and slammed it shut in anger. He sat on his bed in such a way that he bounced like three times before sinking still. He buried his face in his hands and kept muttering to himself, audibly enough,


“I can’t believe this. I can’t just believe Emeka wants me to this. This is just too much for me. God, why had I even become a member of such an evil group? No benefit whatsoever! I already told them about her, and our plans, yet, they want me to do this. God, help me out!”


“Who wanted you to do what?” A voice shrieked behind him. He jerked off his bed and landed with his butt on the floor. There was a flick of the switch and his room came alive.


“Jennifer!” He screamed. He stood up and started to dust his butt. “Why are you still here? I thought I asked you to check yourself out.”


“And that is fair to you?” She asked.

“Besides, you said I should wait up, that you will be back.”

She flung the duvet aside and stood up naked. James watched her as she swayed to the table and poured herself some vodka.

“We were in the middle of something nice and you just left like that, making me do myself, and you wanted me to just go? Come on James, you can do better. You promised to show me hell when we chatted on Facebook. Remember?”

“We have to do this later, okay? I have an issue I have…”

“Like Emeka want to you to do something to her?” She took James by surprise.

“How did you…”

“How did I know that?” She moved over and sat by James’s side, on the bed. She offered him the drink in her cup, but troubled-James refused. “Listen, James, I don’t know Emeka, but no matter who he is, you have a choice, you know that, right?” She tried to be nice. James wasn’t comfortable with that.

“Listen, don’t get it all wrong,” James said, “it’s just a simple thing, but…”

“But what, James?” She interjected. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder and took a sip from her cup.

“Listen, I am not interested in whatever Emeka wants you to do. Now, you got to give me your attention. I have been dying to have you right back in.” She smiled, turned her head sideways, slowly and bit her lower lips seductively. James looked at her and shook his head.

She was not deterred, instead, went for his todger, James didn’t fight it. After squeezing and fondling it for a while, she was disappointed with the result.

“You didn’t even have an erection!” She said, clearly offended.

James pushed her away.

“I have other pressing issues.” He said, and went over to where she piled her clothes and started throwing it at her. “You need to start going.” James said. “I have to take care of some business.”

“Seriously?” Jennifer asked, bewildered. James didn’t seem to care; he nodded, leaning against the wall. His hands tucked in his jean’s pocket.

“Fine,” Jennifer said. “You’re just a jerk, anyways.” She hissed and started dressing up.

James watched her dress up. She picked up her handbag and opened the door. She turned back at him and asked, “Are you serious about this?”

“I told you, another time.” James replied, calmly.

“Don’t you ever call me again; there will not be another time.” She said as she opened the door to go out.

“Okay, I will do just that. Take care of yourself, Jenny.”

“Really?” Jennifer shouted in annoyance and slammed the door after herself.

James went over to the door and bolted it. As he was just about to go back to have his seat, there was a loud bang on the door. It was loud and consistent James was scared; he quickly went over to the side of the bed and pulled out a club.

“Who is it?” He asked, gripping the club with both hands, getting ready for battle. He wasn’t sure if Emeka has turned against him already. He truly left Emeka with an air which suggested he might not play along, but, that doesn’t mean he’d said ‘no’. “I didn’t say I was not going to do what you asked, boss. I just need more time!” He shouted loud enough for Emeka to hear. He held his club firmly.

“James, it is Jennifer. I’m sorry, okay? Please, open up.”

James shook his head and eased up. He went over to the door, “Jenny, go home. I told you, I will call you…”

“Don’t call me, dunderhead!” Jennifer screamed out. “You are nobody!” She slapped hard on the door and James could hear her footsteps as she walked angrily away.

James sighed. He sat gently on his bed, his head buried in his hands as a sign of distress. He did have a choice, but there will be trouble. Not because he doesn’t want to do what Emeka had ordered him to do, but because it looked like an impossible task. He could still hear Emeka’s voice threatening him if he failed.

“Dude, I can’t help you if you failed this time, okay? The last time you messed up the order given to you by the group, you nearly lost your arm. I had to intervene and remember, you said you owe me. So, now is the time to pay up. You just have to do this or you might not like what I am planning for you if you failed.”

“Boss, listen; please, don’t get this wrong. There’s nothing I wanted more than to get down on Hannah, but…”

“But what? Then get down with her!”

“But this lady insisted on remaining a virgin till she is married. She is devoted to this…this…” he tried to find the right word, but couldn’t, so, he settled for, “this choir business. Since she has been promoted to the senior choir, and accused indirectly by the Pastor that she sleeps around, she decided to prove them wrong by remaining a virgin. She has always does. Even since we met- she never wanted sex.

She doesn’t even come to my place anymore. We either meet at her place, right at the full presence and eyes of her sister, or at a public eatery or something!”

“And so fucking what?” Emeka shouted angrily.

Emeka paused for a moment and starred at James for a long time. James was uneasy, he knew trouble was coming.

“You have a deadline. If Hannah still remained a virgin by that time… like I said, I cannot help you this time.”

James stood up without finishing his drink or making a commitment. He dragged the seat backwards.

“Finish up the drink, James. That’s an order.” Emeka said.

James didn’t even blink. He left Emeka by his table.

And now, James had thought Emeka was back to punish him for leaving him like that.

Then there was another loud knock on his door that dissected his thoughts. He went straight for his club again. It was already on the bed, beside him.

“Who is that?” He screamed loud and clear.

“James, it is I, Jennifer. I said I am sorry! I was only joking when I said you shouldn’t call. Call me, okay?”

James grabbed his face with his hands, “Oh, no; not again!”


END OF CHAPTER 11

*The rest of the chapters will continue in few days time. To get the update on your email as it drops, please, enter your email in the section above the top right corner of this blog.

Thank you for reading


THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND COMMITMENT.
YOU CAN NOW PURCHASE BLOOD ON THE ALTAR BY CLICKING HERE
THANK YOU

0 comments:

 
/div>